Sponsored by the Department of Commerce, Inspire Washington will be visiting six regions across the state in August and September. These four-day residencies will be focused on building back the cultural economy and finding creative ways to spur recovery.
The plan will be to spend Tuesday – Friday in each region and accomplish the following things in those 4 days:
- Hold a Community Town Hall to share our first draft of our legislative agenda, get feedback from the community, and share new ideas.
- Meet with local Lawmakers to discuss the importance of the cultural sector and how they can support recovery. We would love to include advocates and cultural partners in these meetings.
- Meet with Cultural Leaders to chat about the legislative agenda, how to engage their community, help prepare them for the legislative session, and just connect with them on a one-on one basis.
- Meet with Cultural Allies in the business community like hotel and restaurant owners whose success depends on cultural business. We will chat with them about Covid recovery and how we can support each other.
- Offer help sessions for the Working Washington 5 Grant Program and Open Office Hours. Manny, Jessi, and guests from the Dept. of Commerce will be available for folks to ask questions, get in-person help with their applications, or just stop by for a chat!
Southwest Washington, August 9-12
- Community Town Hall in Vancouver: Hilton Vancouver on August 10th at 7pm - click to register!
- WW5 Help Session & Open Office Hours: Aug 11 from 9am-12pm at Java House
Southeast Washington, August 16-19
- Community Town Hall in Pasco: Franklin County Historical Museum on Aug 17th at 7pm - click to register!
- WW5 Help Session & Open Office Hours: Aug 17 from 9am-12pm at Arts Center Task Force
Northwest Washington, August 23-26
- WW5 Help Session & Open Office Hours: Aug 23 from 12:30pm-3:30pm at Orcas Center in Eastsound
- Community Town Hall in Friday Harbor: San Juan Island Community Theatre on Aug 24th at 6pm - click to register!
- Community Town Hall in Bellingham: Wild Buffalo House of Music on Aug 26th at 6pm - click to register!
- WW5 Help Session & Open Office Hours: Aug 24 from 9am-12pm at The Bean Cafe in Friday Harbor
- WW5 Help Session & Open Office Hours: Aug 25 from 9am-11am at Locus in Bellingham
North Central Washington: September 6-9
- Community Town Hall in Wenatchee: Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center on Sept 6th at 7pm - click to register!
- Community Town Hall in Twisp: Methow Arts on Sept 8th at 5:30pm - click to register!
- WW5 Help Session & Open Office Hours: Sept 7 from 9am-12pm at Cafe Columbia in the Pybus Public Market, 7 N Worthen St, Wenatchee
- WW5 Help Session & Open Office Hours: Sept 9 from 9am-12pm at Rocking Horse Bakery in Winthrop
Yakima Valley: September 13-16
- Community Town Hall in Yakima: Yakima Valley Museum on Sept 15th at 4pm - click to register!
Olympic Peninsula: September 20-23
- Community Town Hall in Port Townsend: Hosted by Centrum at Fort Worden Chapel on Sept 20 at 4pm - click to register!
- Community Town Hall in Port Angeles: Vern Community Center on Sept 21 at 5pm - click to register!